It's easy to install Lightroom presets on mobile and desktop! Here is the step-by-step process that you can follow to set them up.
How to Install on Lightroom Mobile
iPhone and Android
- Download the presets in DNG format. If you need help downloading, see our Lightroom preset download guide for more details.
- Open your Lightroom Mobile app and click the image + icon (next to the camera icon) at the bottom right to import the presets.
iPhone: Tap From Files. Select the DNG preset you downloaded earlier to start importing to Lightroom.
Android: Tap the DNG file you downloaded to import it. It will have the RAW label on it.
- Tap the DNG file you imported. Click on the 3-dot (…) icon at the top right corner.
- Select “Create Preset”. This will save the settings that you can use for all you photos.
- Name the preset, ideally the same as the DNG file. Select a folder to add the preset to or create a new one. Remember where you save it to so you can find the preset later on.
- Open the photo that you want to apply the preset to. Select Presets from the bottom tool slider.
- Select the folder where you save the presets, then tap the preset to apply. ♥
How to Install Presets on Lightroom Desktop
Windows and Mac
- Open Lightroom.
- Go to Edit > Preferences.
- Click the “Presets” tab.
- Click “Lightroom Presets Folder”
- After that, you should see you’re a window displaying the Lightroom presets folder on your computer. Double click it.
Once the Lightroom’s Presets folder is open you’ll have to move your new presets inside.
- On a different window locate your KIIN Lightroom presets folder.
- Open and copy or move the folder inside “Develop Presets” to the one with the same name in the Lightroom’s Presets folder. It is important that you copy and not cut to retain all the presets in this same original folder you downloaded for backup purpose.
- Repeat step 2 for “Local Adjustment Presets”.
Important: Remember that “Develop Presets” go inside the folder with the same name, same thing for “Local Adjustment Presets”
- Now that you've done all that, it's time to restart Lightroom. Close the Lightroom Presets folder and the application.
- Open Lightroom again.
- You should be able to see the KIIN Lightroom Presets under the Presets section in the Develop module.